Each year the Yahara Fishing Club sponsors a fishing contest for club members, with the biggest prize bragging rights for the following year. The emphasis is on catch and release, so winners are based on the length of single fish. To enter your fish go to the “Members Only” section.
- The contest is open to YFC members only. You are automatically entered as a member.
- The winning fish is based on length only and it’s best if verified by a witness or photograph.
- All fish must be caught in public Wisconsin waters.
- Only fish from inland waters are eligible. Lake Michigan and Lake Superior up to the first dam does not count. The Mississippi River is fine.
- Contestants must be registered 24 hours before making an entry.
- Contestants may make entries as often as they like. Club bragging rights go to the top entry in each category. Cash will be awarded to an entrant for one category only.
- In case of identical entries, the earliest entry wins. The date of entry is considered to be when the entry is given to the contest chairman, or if mailed, the date of the postmark.
- Entry blanks may be printed from this page or copied from the newsletter, or gotten from a YFC director.
- Contestants may enter at the meeting or by mail.
Awards given out at the annual December Christmas meeting.
Contest dates are 12/1/ to 11/30/. NO ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER 12/8/.
- Northern pike
- Largemouth bass
- Smallmouth bass
- Rainbow trout
- Brown trout
- Brook trout
- White bass